Little Frankie on Heaven and Hell

From the Mind of a devious Six-year old Chicano

I was listening to the Mass,

on Sunday and the priest was

talking about heaven and hell.

So, I started wondering just

where, everyone in my family

would end up?

 

Well, I guess the list for heaven

is longer than the list for hell. I

know that my Tia Lucy, is going

to heaven because she is always

doing charity work.

 

I always see her strutting around

in her red high heels, wearing a

a short mini skirt and lots of 

makeup,  chewing gum

and  walking back and forth in

front of  the ‘El Papasito Bar,’

while asking for twenty-dollar

donations from  the men she

meets

 

As far as uncle Louie, I think he

is going to heaven, because he is

always doing penance, for his sins

by being put in the doghouse by

Tia, most of the time.

 

Tia Mari, is going to heaven,

because she is a great cook and I

know that God, wants her up there,

cooking her famous pollo con mole,

yummy!

 

The list for hell is much shorter, and

I think only cousin Rudy and his

gangsta homies, would be going there.

Why? Simply because they are always

doing stupid things. I mean, how dumb

can you be, to pay $100 for a little bag

of white powder that goes up your nose

and makes you act all weird?

 

As far as I am concerned, I’m going

to heaven, simply because most six-year

old’s are smarter than most of the adults

these days.

 

I mean, when do you hear of little

kids doing the stupid things adults

do these days? Like stealing, lying,

cheating, doing drugs, and hurting

one another over imaginary turf in

the barrio?

 

So, someday I will see you guys in

Heaven just look, for the little Chicano,

sitting at the big table eating pollo con

mole, ha!

 

 

Frank Solis 2021

All Rights Reserved

 

 

 

.

Comments

Popular Posts