Big Vatos are Dumb and Boring


You know when I was little I always wanted to
be like the big guys. Being six years old, I always
thought that the big vatos had it made.
I remember watching my Uncle Louie shave, man
I wanted to be just like him because I thought that
to be a man you had to be all hairy and stuff.

Now that I'm older I wonder if Uncle Louie knows
how much feria he has spent on razors over the
years. Maybe, he could have a new sports car sitting
outside instead of the old clunker he now
drives. Or how about all the money he has thrown
away on hair styling gels and cheap, genuine
imitation cologne.

And he did all of this, just to catch some ruccas eye,
poor Uncle Louie. Now that he caught one he
works all day and then comes home and fixes his
own meals,cause his rucca doesn't like to cook,
alalva. She likes to eat though because she always
nags him to take her out to eat, after she's had a hard
day doing her nails and watching her favorite novellas.

By now, I have realized that being a big vato does
Not mean one is smart or that you live an exciting
life. Not if you have to settle for greasy tacos, and
TV, dinners. Or sit in front of the TV, staring blankly
for hours like a zombie. So being six does have its
advantages, in that for one I don't have to get up
in the middle of the night and change my baby
sisters smelly diapers like Uncle Louie does.

And now, if that's not bad enough Uncle Louie is 
losing his hair and he is getting a big belly too.
Probably because he has been hanging out at the
corner bar to avoid his ruccas nagging. However,
I think things may be looking up for him.

The other day I heard him talking on the phone to
one of his buddies and he said something about
being in the dog house. So I imagine that he's
building a dog house so that he can finally have
one real friend!

Frank Solis
Copyright 2019 All Rights Reserved


Comments

Popular Posts