My Six Year’s Old New Year’s Eve Celebration!

Doing my part to help out during Covid19?

 

Being that we are in full crisis mode

during the pandemic, I decided that I

would pitch in my own two centavos,

in order to do my part to help out La

Raza.

 

So, with this in mind, the first thing

I decided to do was to put a stop all

unnecessary spending. First, I took

the two bottles of Tequila Uncle

Louie was saving for New Year’s

Eve, and flushed them down the

Toilet! Then, I replaced the

Tequila with pure spring water,

as this would be much more

eco-friendly, for Uncle Louie’s

health I'm sure he'll be thrilled!

 

Then I saw on TV, that putting

honey in your hair makes it shinier

and silkier, so, I took my cousin

Janie’s hair brush and dipped it in

honey and warm water, then I

placed it back on her night stand.

Later, when she tried brushing her

hair, she came out of her room crying,

and screaming that her beautiful, wavy

hair, was ruined! I guess some people

just don’t have any appreciation for

“as seen on TV,” beauty treatments!

 

That same evening, I overheard

cousin Rudy’s gangsta friends, saying

that the grass they had just bought was

“really bad!” They left some baggies,  

on Rudy’ bed, so when they went out

for a while, I threw it all away and

replaced it with real grass from

the lawn after Uncle Louie

finished mowing. You should have

seen those baldies fighting with each

other over who ripped them off!

 

Later, when Tia was busy fixing the

New Year’s Eve dinner, she asked

me to put the chiles in the blender for

the salsa, as she had to make a quick

trip to the grocery store. I didn’t

remember which chiles to put in,

so I picked the ones who said

Habaneros!

 

At dinner, Tia asked how the

Bacalao a La Mexicana had come

out and everyone raved about it.

But when it came to snacking on

the salsa & chips everyone was

sweating and couldn’t even speak!

I guess the salsa was pretty tasty,

thanks to yours truly!

 

After dinner and desert, the adults

all got together for a toast. While

listening to Uncle Ray tell some

old school Chuco tales, Uncle

Louie, proudly pulled out his

two bottles of Tequila, but after

everyone downed some shots,

they all kind of stared at each

other! Except for Uncle Louie,

he spit it all out! I guess he didn’t

like the ecofriendly Tequila!

He was also furious and blurted

out that the guy who sells him the

cheap liquor had cheated him.

Then everyone stared at him and

their eyes opened up really wide!

 

So, I guess this is about as good as it

gets, for this New Year. Now I’m

going to go and sit outside and enjoy

watching cousin Rudy’s gangsta

friends go crazy looking for whatever

the green stuff was that was in the

baggies! At first, I thought they

might be looking for some Easter

eggs, but isn’t it a little too early for

the, Easter bunny?

 

Six-Year-Old Chicano’s, Rock. Ha!

Yours Truly,

Little Frankie

Happy New Year’s Raza!

Frank Solis Copyright 2023

All Rights Reserved

 

Comments

Popular Posts